Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Holiday Crazy

November 1st: man I'm off my game! With research papers to grade, my life gets lost in rubrics and nasty parent emails. Now that that's all done (until around March...), my pens are getting a rest and the hours upon end that I sit without talking to anyone have commenced. Social is my middle name; however, I have to say I don't understand people who need to be doing something all the time. It's nice sometimes to sit around in a fuzzy robe, watch tv, peruse the internet, lazily nap, go to the gym...whatever I want to do when I want to do it without worrying that someone might be bothered or offended by me. I borrow my friends' children when the need for little ones strikes me, and I rustle up phone conversations with my favorite folks on the daily. So, what's the moral of this story?

I am not lonely.

There. I said it. All you people who look at a 31 year old single woman and think, "Aww. I bet she's a lonely cat lady" are terribly mistaken. Yes, there are lonely 30 somethings out there crying into glasses of wine and packages of Oreo cookies, but I am not one of them. I am perfectly content with myself, as any respectable woman should be. A relationship is something I want, not something I need. Children are something I want, not something that I think I need because society says so. As a matter of fact, I'll go one step further:

I am intimidating.

Yep. I said it. And I don't mean in the crazy 'b' with an attitude kind of way. I'm apparently intimidating to men my age because I'm independent and know what I want. I'm established, comfortable in my own skin, and (God forbid!) I speak my mind... what? A woman who speaks her mind? She must be a bossy bitty. Only a little bit :)

This holiday I'm staring at a tree surrounded by far too many gifts; friends and dating prospects are numerous, social gatherings are available, and possibilities are endless. My snazzy manicure and I will be back this Christmas break to fill you with funny stories and holiday follies. I've been away from this thing for far too long.

I mean, I am the "teacher version of Beyonce" ya know. Now, if only I looked like Beyonce in a leotard...

No comments:

Post a Comment